Wednesday, August 12, 2009

A business opportunity

(Photo by Gowri Savoor of me at Vermont Studio Center last summer. I was there on a NC Arts Council Residency Grant... Jeff Pettus, of the NCAC, encouraged us to apply at a Creative Capital workshop.)

Two things... first, thank you to all the great models I have to work with and to the many folks who share their swimming pools with me! I feel very fortunate to have these summer opportunities!

And,
FYI... The Creative Capital Professional Development Program (PDP) is presenting two workshops with the Penland School of Crafts in Penland, NC: a one-day workshop on Thursday, September 10, 2009 and a weekend intensive Friday, September 11-Sunday September 13, 2009. SPACE IS STILL AVAILABLE for both workshops, EXCEPT MECKLENBURG CO. ARTISTS CAN ONLY APPLY TO ONE DAY WORKSHOP (see link for details).

I have attended several of Creative Capital's weekend workshops and they are excellent... lots of information, but worth it!! (Actually, their program gave me the fundamentals to quit my full time job three years ago!)


To apply or if you have questions about these events, please consult the Penland website or contact Penland Program Assistant, Leah Buchanan at leahbuchanan@penland.org. Please See: http://www.penland.org/programs/special_programs.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers