Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Are you ready?

How prepared are you? IF someone gets in touch wanting to include you in an upcoming article or needing a brief bio and image to go with a class write up or upcoming show... do you have these things?

Of course we all want opportunities to share our work and what we do, but making sure you're ready when 'opportunity knocks' is something else. In every marketing and strategic planning workshop I've attended, this point has been stressed over and over. Although it is not my favorite thing to download digital images and rewrite my bio, I make sure to regularly work on these things so I am prepared when asked. (And, once you start marketing your work, you most likely will be asked!)

This image is a pastel painting from my Instructional DVD, Painting Water with Pastels. You can see me starting this painting on the YouTube link... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEWIkFHwPhI&feature=channel.

And, this is the painting I sent when recently asked for an image to include with a write up for a marketing workshop I'm teaching October 17 at the Fort Mill Art Guild. (Here's the workshop link... http://www.fortmillartguild.com/classes/jarvi.htm.) Waterworks Visual Arts Center also requested a couple of images to include with their upcoming publicity (I have a solo show there next summer)... and, since I was prepared, I could say yes.

So even though summer is my busy season, I stopped what I was doing for both of these... (and for an upcoming University City Magazine article I was included in too)... I stopped to take advantage of these opportunities to market my work and further get the word out about "Carmella Jarvi".

Are you ready? And, if not, what small steps could you take to get prepared? Good luck. I look forward to seeing your work soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers