Thursday, August 6, 2009

New self portrait & old passions

This is my most recent painting, a 12x16" pastel self portrait. I shot the photo I painted from with my new digital underwater camera. You're looking at my face underwater and the surface of the underside of the pool water, reflecting me. I have only shot my pool imagery with 35mm. How amazing to see what I was shooting right after!

I have always loved the water... and painting. I have been an artist and a teacher all my life. (My earliest memories involve drawing and being bossy!)

Life can be bittersweet... no matter how good some parts are, there's often some challenge. But I am grateful to God for all of it... the great stuff and the lessons I keep repeating (hopefully to eventually learn). I appreciate the many, many people God has surrounded me with and the amazing gifts I've been given... and forgiveness.

I am passionate and I enjoy sharing things that have been shared with me. In this blog I'll continue to write/post/ponder assorted topics from art to business to philosophy (occasionally... I do have a BA in Philosophy as well as my undergraduate art degree;-0). I hope you share your thoughts occasionally too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers