Thursday, September 24, 2009

Learning new stuff is fun!

Feeling rather like a technological idiot today! I've had my own website, www.carmellajarvi.com, for maybe a year and a half. It has come a long way, but since I've been learning on my own and didn't grow up with computers, some stuff is taking me awhile to grasp!

For example... I recently started this blog & figured out I could make a URL link a 'hot link'. I was painting in the studio today and my mind wandered to business... and I thought, 'Hey, I bet I can do that with my website pages too.' DUH!!

Better to learn these things later than never! I will apply this experience to the future and actually play around with all the settings in my 'writing boxes' on both website and this blog! (The best part of all this is that it's much easier for you to click on a hot link than go to another location.)

On another note... I finished a painting earlier today (got too hot & muggy after awhile so here I am in the air conditioned office:-)... and I started a series of three small 5x7" pastels.

I am good about documenting my work, but now I'm taking a lot of step by step photos for this blog... and my future writings on painting water with pastels. I'll start posting them soon. Hope your work is going well too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers