Monday, September 14, 2009

I love the business of art!

What a great week... In my pastel studio the first part and this past Thursday, I was in Penland for a Creative Capital Professional Development workshop. (It was a refresher course for me and a chance to see the presenters.)

Even though I teach marketing and strategic planning to others, I still need professional development and inspiration from time to time. There are some things I'm doing well or have improved... but then I have my weak areas too! (And, I like to be around artists that are positive and excited about possibilities!)

You may not love the business end of art, but you should spend some of your time/energy learning about it. A business will improve with intention. (This is the idea behind writing goals and steps to achieve those goals. When you focus on something specific, you see things differently... look at opportunities in a new way.)

Another great aspect of my Penland trip was staying at the Celo Inn (www.celoinn.com/rates.html). It's about 30 minutes from Penland and is very affordable with a tasty breakfast and it's a beautiful Inn & location!! (Of course there are many cool places to stay & things to see in the Mountains!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers