Friday, September 17, 2010

Mint Museum Uptown-inspired diptych (In process)

[I don't post but once a month for quite awhile and then three in one
day!]

Anyway... here is where my basic composition is coming from... for my Mint Museum Uptown inspired diptych painting. (Diptych means two panels... in this case two 16x20" pastel boards.)

Below is an in-process pastel painting, standing alone as a work in itself, from the photo of my model with tulle. The composition for Mint Museum Uptown inspired diptych painting is derived from this. But, I am hoping it to be more abstract.












Below is a-bad-picture of my rough compositional sketches for diptych panels. I will post more as it evolves... as well as invite you, if you're in the Charlotte, NC area on October 2, 2010, to stop by and see my paintings in person. It is FREE. (And, of course, see the AMAZING new Mint Museum Uptown:-)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers