Thursday, January 21, 2010

Multiple income sources help!


Here's a section of my studio wall... color samples and inspiration. At the bottom, you can see a bunch of hand written notes on large white paper. This is a quick at a glance 2010 calendar and different possible income sources for me as an artist, teacher and entrepreneur.

As a self employed someone, I can say having multiple income sources really helps. I sell my art through galleries, non profit organizations and have commission work... then there are grants and residencies... sharing marketing & strategic planning with other artists, my DVD royalties and other ideas for the future.

When I plan, I work on short term and long term projects... and try to keep an open mind to totally new ideas. IF someone would have told me ten years ago, not only would I love the business of art, but I'd be sharing this passion with others... I would have laughed hard! We all have multiple gifts... plan, listen and work hard (AND smart) and you will achieve success.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers