Friday, October 9, 2009

Get this book!

Wow... it's already October 9 and my 'painting sabbatical' is officially over! I am continuing to put my art at the top of my 'to-do' list, but there are so many things to keep up with.

(Everyone faces the challenge of juggling their passion, career, family, etc., etc... But, when we're self employed it can be more difficult... the sands of time move quickly when I'm looking at ALL the things I could or should be doing;-0)

I do love the business end of art as well as my studio practice. If you've followed my work, you know I'm involved with the Arts & Science Council's 'Artist as an Entrepreneur' Institute as well as being a huge fan of Creative Capital out of NY.

I am highly recommending a brand new book to any visual artist who is not totally happy with their art career... The Artist's Guide, How to Make a Living Doing What You Love by Jackie Battenfield. She's a talented artist who HAS supported herself/family with her art and she's an excellent teacher of the business end of art. She's a regular member of the Creative Capital Professional Development team and her book is excellent! (Remember I've attended a half dozen of these workshops and I am still getting inspired by her new book... AND I can read it at my own pace!)

Here's a link to get more info and order your own copy... www.artistcareerguide.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers